Women's Product Reviews

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So... I recently got a hold of some nice Club Ride items and was planning on doing a roundup on them once I got to wear them a bit because I know how hard it is to find info on women's stuff since there is so little available in stores to try on right away. I know there's a product review thread somewhere else on MTBNJ, but I think it would be really good to have a ladies-only product review page without a bunch of other stuff thrown in. Would anyone be interested in helping me out by putting up their reviews of MTB clothing and gear? I would want to include price and pics and measurements and all that jazz to really make it invaluable to other ladies looking at these items. I saw this roundup (slightly old article) on Pinkbike but this is kind of what I'm aiming to do.

yes, really nice idea, Joy! To be honest, I don't wear too much that is specific to mountain biking, but this is also because I think finding baggy shorts that fit my body is HARD and Lycra is just easier. I am especially looking for some knee pads that will STAY UP if anyone has any suggestions (I got the g form ones last year, and I think I should have gotten a size bigger than I did, but even so, I don't know that I want to invest more in another pair or try something different)

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
To be honest, I don't wear too much that is specific to mountain biking
Doesn't have to be mountain bike specific! There's tons of stuff I use that's not really marketed for mountain biking but I still use them. Also, I think many of us are multi sporters, so really, any athletic gear review would be great!

I can contribute a few quick notes.

Lazer helmets have by far the best retention system for ponytail clearance. They have a big U notch in the back that just plops on your head with no threading of the hair through straps required. I think they typically fit a more oval shaped head.

I've also recently picked up a pair of Thule Vital hydration packs in the 3L and 8L size. Their shoulders straps are contoured well for chest clearance and the waist strap has wings that sit comfortably on my hip bones. The packs are situated to carry the load low so they balance well. They also have this cool magnetic strip on the hose that's a couple inches long so it easily attaches whenever you let it swing back down.